Schools should not have the right to banned Facebook
Cyber bullying absolutely takes place, however should that mean schools should band social networking sites? I completely disagree with this principal. Bullying is common between kids in school, whether on the computer or in person. In no way shape or form do I take bully lightly, but taking away the internet will just stop bullying on the computer, not bullying all together. Teachers and principals do have right in the school about rules and limitations, but that is in school. I do not think they hold the right to control students’ free time outside of school. Having a social network is a person’s choice, not their teachers. In addition to that, I think banning it will just add more turmoil to the problem. Kids who were picked on on the computer, will get it that must worst in school because now "they are the reason" those students cannot use social media sites. Bullying is an issue everywhere, and if teachers and principals want to make an impact on decreasing it, they should absolutely do it, but do it the right way, and addressing all different type of it, not just taking away computer right to a few kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment