Total Pageviews
Monday, November 1, 2010
I'm watching you
So in class today we played private eye. My classmates and I searched the web to see how much information we can find on ourselves and others. I began by searching myself, curious to know what people can see about me. Thankfully I am very smart about what I type into the computer. The only things I could find about myself were newspaper articles about sports, honor roll listings, or my name in the principal’s blog. However I decided to then search my close friend, a student in this same class, to see what comes up. Immediately, links appeared to her Facebook, twitter, articles about sports, honor roll, etc. We first giggled at the thought, but then became fearfully alert about the amount of info someone can find on her. We typed in cell phone number next, and there it was. The Facebook group of a friend where she put her number on was now open to the World Wide Web. The fact that we found that much info about her just in the matter of five minutes makes you think, what can someone find searching for you for hours, days, months? The thought truly is mind baffling. I think everyone should be extremely careful on what they type into the computer, because honestly, nothing is 100% safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment