Total Pageviews

Monday, November 29, 2010

Am I the weird one?

Being a high school girl, I have learned a lot about behavior. Girls’ will be catty, mean, and dramatic, but I never understood that part of being a teenage girl. Yes, I have had arguments with people, gotten mad, and been in fights, but that is very different than the drama I see take place in the “girl world.” Throughout school, for the most part, I always tried to include left out others, be a friendly person, and lend out a helping hand whenever needed. But that does not hold true for most girls, which is where I get confused. Girls would rather have a gossip session ripping other people apart, girls in particular, then to have a talk about how nice, funny, or pretty people are. In many cases where I find myself witnessing girls’ little gossip session, it seems I am the only one ever standing up for people or stopping people when their comments have gotten too mean. Girls often get annoyed or mad when I do this, rather than joining in on the latest attack, and it just does not make sense to me.

In addition to that, girl’s love to take little things and make big drama over them. WHY?! Who cares if this girl likes that boy, or if your friend didn’t happen to see you passing by and say hi, or they are wearing an old pair of jeans of yours? If it bothers you that much, just go up and ask them about it. But instead girls whisper behind everyone’s back, make the other girl feel isolated and ganged up on, and ultimately it is just nothing but mean. Seeing someone else feel bad and alone is not my definition of fun. It just blows my mind the things girls say or do just to make themselves feel better, or get more attention. For me, none of that interests me in the slightest bit, so I ask myself,
          
           am I the weird one?

2 comments:

  1. I have also witnessed girls gossiping about one another and turning situations into a huge problem. It is just unnecessary! I think everyone should be kind to one another instead of talking behind their backs creating more drama. Gossiping and causing rumors does not do any good for anyone, so people shouldn'y do it! If you don't want a rumor started about you, don't start one. Michelle, you are not the weird one, you're the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It's so wrong when others talk about each other. I think girls are so self conscious that they talk about others to make themselves feel better. This is no excuse, but I think that if they talk about someone else, their own flaws won't get noticed. I don't think they realize the damage they are doing to others, and if they do, they are just mean people. If you are weird, then I am just as weird. Whenever my friends fight, I act like Switzerland and stay out of it. My friend recently got mad at me for not inviting her to hang out. Things like that irritate me because it's dumb to get mad over. Girls get into these little catty fights because they are so afraid they are getting isolated. I didn't even do this on purpose! I know girls get nasty at times, but I'm glad I found some other people that do try to steer clear of the drama, and it makes my life much easier and more fun

    ReplyDelete