Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My shrink does not work in an office

Just like every other human being, life has brought me many challenges. There have been times in my life where I thought everything that can possibly go wrong has. But on the other hand, I have had days where my mouth hurt from smiling and I felt like I was on the top of the world. But for every mood, attitude, or challenge, getting through those times, whether tough or joyful, I owe solely to my shrink. No matter what happened my shrink was always there. The advice, whether depressing, angry, or upbeat, kept me moving forward.
Music. Without it I would be lost, at the very least. Being a very passionate person my moods take turns very sharp and go very long. The one thing that heals or embraces those moods is my music. Anytime I need somewhere to turn, someone to relate to, or advice, I pull out my headphones. When I am down, I listen to playlists that will make me feel better. Then on the other hand, when I am super excited or energetic, my other playlist will do just the trick.
I feel as though I have a connection to music that most people do not. When I listen to music, I do not just hear beats and words, I feel them. Music is truly my best friend, it never leaves me, ignores me, or abandons me, it is always there for me. I feel blessed that I have something like music that I can connect and relate to. Without it I would be a whole different person from who I am today, and many things I have accomplished and overcome in my life would not have happened with it. Music is something beautiful, passionate, and true, something I would never give up. My shrink comes in notes and powerful words, not dress pants with a degree.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Without music, life would be more difficult. For me music is my escape. When I put on headphones I block everything else out so I can focus or get myself in a better mood. Music also helps me calm my nerves before I race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - Good post. Music is definitely a great outlet and a mood enhancer!

    ReplyDelete